2014 WAAW Foundation Scholarship Now Closed!
WAAW Foundation 2014 scholarship applications has now closed! Scholarship recipients will be announced in April/May 2014. 2015 Applications will open in September 2014.To say informed, click here to like us on Facebook. You are strongly encouraged to like our facebook page to be informed or considered for our scholarship!
WAAW foundation’s annual scholarship initiative is aimed at supporting need based African female STEM-focused college education. Please read the eligibility criteria before you apply. All non qualifying applications will be automatically deleted! Criteria for eligibility includes:
(a) Female students of African origin, living and studying in Africa.
(b) Currently enrolled in undergraduate degree program.
(c) Studying STEM related courses in a University or college in Africa.
(d) Demonstrable financial need, and
(e) Excellent Academic Record.
(f) Below the age of 32 years.
Please note that we do not fund graduate (masters, MBA or phd) programs, second or subsequent degrees, students older than 32 years, non-STEM focused courses or Diploma degrees.
Courses accepted include: Computer Science, All branches of engineering (computer, electrical, bio-medical, civil, mechanical, surveying, agriculture), architecture, pure science courses (physics, math, chemistry, bio-chemistry), etc.
Courses not accepted for the scholarship include: diploma in information technology, mass communication.
Note that medicine and surgery are generally not accepted but may be considered if a strong case of need is determined.
WAAW Foundation awards annual scholarships to students who demonstrate need and prove their status as full time students in a STEM related course in an African University. Recipients will become WAAW Ambassadors in their respective communities.
How to Apply
Your application will include the following:
- Application form filled out completely. We will only accept online applications this year. NO PAPER APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED*.
- Personal and Contact Information.
- Educational background and Family Information.
- Statement of need should describe why scholarship funds are needed and what the funds will be used for if received.
- Essays are a strong criteria in determining candidates who are short listed. Responses to essay questions that address career goals and how you expect the WAAW scholarship will assist in your education.
- Two academic/professional references. Note recommendations and transcripts ARE NOT REQUIRED AT THIS TIME. ONLY after a candidate has been shortlisted.
Submitting your application
Please complete all sections of the application form and submit all required materials to WAAW foundation by the deadline. Application may be completed online. Click Here to Begin your application.
For further information or inquiries please email:
ONLY Shortlisted candidates will be required to send the following additional items in order to complete this process.
- 2 references; one MUST be written by a professor from your institution of study and the other from an academic supervisor/advisor or mentor. Reference forms should be downloaded from http://www.waawfoundation.org/WAAW_Scholarship/ScholarshipReferenceLetter.pdf and emailed to
- A copy of a current signed and sealed transcript from your University to be emailed to email@example.com or to be mailed to:
WAAW Foundation Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 1691, Wylie. Texas 75098.
*Scanned copies of original transcripts may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A copy of the student’s School identity card must be scanned and emailed to us.
University of Port
University of Agric.
|Kelly Nadia Tchanda
WAAW works with partners, donors and volunteers to support our goals and objectives. Email email@example.com to partner with us or sponsor a scholarship opportunity.
Click here to become a partner and support our other initiatives or volunteer your time and talent to help our various projects.